Rainmakers according to my defination , are financial advisors who annually bring in 10 or more new clients with atleast $1 million in
investment assets. You can’t achieve this by casually going about your business, limiting yourself to comfortable activities & hoping that affluent prospects will come your way. Do that & you will end up playing it safe & taking on smaller clients.
Its the advisor who continually ventures outside his or her comfort zone, pushing the limits & staying committed to doing whatever it takes to bring in affluent clients.
This aspect of management talks about :
- Underlying IT architecture
- Application Architecture: Addresses the design, construction, deployment & management of business solutions & services, associated databases of information & productivity software.
- Data Architecture: The framework for organising the planning, modeling, defining & implementation of data resources for the organisation.
- Infrastructure Architecture: Organisation Architecture assesses an organisation’s tolerance for change, ability to absorb new information & history in an effort to determine the overall readiness to eneterprise architecture It addresses the structure of an organisation, its governance, culture & politics.
The stock market is indeed priced as the present value of expected dividends. Equity premium is mostly due to business cycle risk.
To understand the risk factors that cause the equity premium , we decompose the equity premium into three components, inflation risk business cycle risk & fear based risk premia.
People have different values & preferences that affect their perceptions of risk. Here comes the essential role of cash management.
Failure to achieve this strategic objective can directly impact the efficient commercial operation & ultimately the viability of the organisation.
What is a platform business?
The term “platform” is used in a variety of contexts. Early on , it was often a synonym for ” operating system”, but today its used to describe a variety of scenarios.
Platform businesses create an environment of promiscuous integration as a way to accelarate operations , get closer to customers & partners , unlock innovation & discover efficiencies.
Platform businesses have a number of attributes in common. These include
- Platforms are open. A Proprietory platform isn’t.
- Platforms can be built upon.
- Platforms attract communities. To thrive , these communities should be manged & nurtured.
- Building a community around your platform enables you to build your business more effectively with the enthusiastic help of customers , suppliers & partners.
- Platforms scale efficiently . Self- service access & low barriers to entry are cornerstones of this.
Science succeeds or fails in its efforts to provide or produce valuable technology & policy based upon the quality of its theories .
When theory is incorrectly formulated or hypothesis are incorrectly deduced from theory, then technology & social policy fail.
Mistakes in theory induction & deduction can be summarised as two types of false relationships between variables : spurious relationships & suppressor relationships.
Simply said correlation does not mean causation.
Greater academic performance equals greater job performance. For challenging jobs, there is a causal connection between academic performance & job performance. For routine jobs those involving much repitition, however, there is little correlation between academic performance & job performance. For routine or repititive jobs, persons who excel academically have poor job performance, because they tend to get bored.
Entrepreneurship is an art. It takes practice & requires a lot of knowledge of disparate areas of business. Running a business & owning an automated business are very different. Make the best use of your time today & everyday. Be the one focused on building the systems that can be repeatable without you. That is where real value is created. And in the end, the sum of those values determines the worth of your business.
A good trader learns & applies two simple principles in the market. First is the technical understanding, that there is always a reason for the price movement & every position has to be linked to the trader’s interpretation of this reason.
Second is the focus on managing capital. A trader understands that money is made when capital is deployed in the best trades & when it is churned several times.
The investors who look for surefire ways of making money through trading are clearly unrealistic in their expectations. They should be willing to put in the years that are needed to hone trading skills. This is tougher than most people would like to believe.